Wednesday, November 19, 2008

To Alec, From Mom

Dear Alec,

How are you this week? We are doing awesome, except that I came down with a head cold that marched down my throat to my larynx and now down to my bronchial tubes. At least I had a hoarse voice for seminary this morning. But I'm feeling a lot better than yesterday. Hopefully no-one else will in the fam will get it.

I hope you are healthy. Do you need more vitamins? Any requests for a care package? Everyone at church is always asking how you are doing, and asking me to give you their love. You will probably be using the Mesa Temple Christmas light display as a place to take investigators so you will be able to see it yourself.

I am going to buy a goat for Christmas-to be sent to a needy family in Africa. Don't worry, you're not going to get it. We learned about the parable of the good Samaritan in seminary, so we are going to send a goat and some chickens to some people as a class. We also talked about how we can be good Samaritan everyday as we respond to those who have needs all around us. By the way, the answer to the seminary student's question of "Where does Satan get his power?" is "We give it to him." I am starting to look forward to seminary, although I still really enjoy the days I don't have to teach, as well so I guess it is all good.

Isn't the Gospel great, joy in this life and heaven too in the next!! I am always amazed at how much the Lord loves us and blesses us, in spite of our self-sabotage. Well I must go,

Love you soooooo much,

Mom

No comments: