Thursday, October 1, 2009

From Alec: August 11, 2009

Hello!

Thanks for the packages!!
Rachel a senior? weird, very weird. Time flies. p.s. Rachel - if you wanted to get me a birthday present you could burn me a copy of the Best Two Years movie soundtrack - I cannot find that anywhere and it is awesome.

soooo I got transferred to a little place called Heber, Arizona - if you want to look on a map it is central/north(ish) Arizona close to Snowflake and Show Low. I just got here about 3 hours ago so I don't know much yet. My new companion is Elder Dursteler from Kuna, ID. (yep) I think he lived in Wyoming before that too. So it's about 70 degrees up here in Heber - and raining right now. It's a very pretty area and I wouldn't be surprised if I got snow while I am here. We are in a truck! and our apartment/duplex thingy is very nice.

Well, there is alot going on in my head right now, and I can't remember any stuff from last week - so this will be a short email.

This life is such a short span of time, and the thing that I've found in life that is of the most value is your personal health (spiritual, emotional, and physical) and your relationships. There are some amazing people out there. A good thing to do is to try and cultivate love in all of your relationships. Shakespeare once said "They do not love that do not show their love". I thought that was profound.
Well, I love you all,

Elder Hoopes

No comments: